How is Delta-8 Made?
It’s almost impossible to discuss the cannabis industry these days without bringing up Delta 8. But how is this substance made? Let’s talk about it.
What is Delta-8?
These days you can find delta-8 almost anywhere, from convenience store shelves to your local dispensary, but what is it? Delta-8 THC is short for delta-8 tetrahydrocannabinol. This is a naturally occurring cannabinoid that reacts with the endocannabinoid system, producing a mild, calming high. 9io
When compared to delta-9, delta-8 is often called weed-light because it is much less psychoactive. The main difference between the two substances stems from the fact that delta-8 has a double bond on the eighth position on the carbon chain of its molecule, whereas delta-9 has a double bond on its ninth carbon atom.
How is Delta-8 Made?
Delta-8 is typically made in one of two ways, it can either be derived from the cannabis plant or manufactured in a lab. Cannabis plants contain very low quantities of delta-8, so producing it in a lab has become the most common means of production.
When produced in a lab, delta-8 is often converted from CBD or delta-9. To begin, CBD isolate is extracted from the hemp flower and turned into CBD distillate. Then solvents, acids, and alkaline materials are added to finally make delta-8. Although the resulting material still contains delta-9, it has to be less than 0.3% of the total distillate to be legally compliant for the market.
Before extraction, delta-8 is put through a rigorous testing process to ensure it is pure and free of any residual pesticides or solvents. All of the viable distillate is then extracted, and any unwanted material is left behind.
Benefits of Delta-8 Delta-8’s
popularity is on the rise, but why should it be your substance of choice? Here’s what sets this cannabinoid apart from the rest:
- It can help to relieve symptoms of sleep disorders, minor pain, and even some digestive issues.
- It is legal in most U.S. states and more easily accessible than other kinds of THC.
- It is known to produce a much milder high than its counterpart, Delta-9, and many users describe the high as euphoric, light, and energizing. This makes Delta-8 a good fit for those trying cannabis for the first time.
- It is known to have a lower psychotropic potency than Delta-9, which could appeal to those looking for pain relief and less of a psychoactive experience.
- It is cost-effective for both manufacturers and consumers and is relatively easy to produce.
Want to Try Delta-8? Turn to Elyxr
Now that you know how delta-8 is made, it’s time to look into delta-8 products. You deserve the highest quality in cannabis products, and with Elyxr, that’s precisely what you get. All of our lab-tested extracts are made in the United States in an FDA-approved facility, so you can be sure you’re getting the best. Shop our online store today to discover our full range of delta-8, delta-10, and upcoming THC-O products.